When most people hear the word “insurance” they think of their cars, but in many cases their home is the most important and expensive piece of property they own. Our agency offers a variety of comprehensive homeowners insurance policies to choose from and these plans can be tailored to suit your individual needs and budget.
ERIE’s Home Protector policies automatically include a full complement of standard features that cover your dwelling, personal property and other structures. The policy also includes liability protection, loss of use and medical payments to others coverage. You may take advantage of the higher deductibles, discounts and credits to reduce your insurance premiums, and you can add endorsements to your policy to broaden the protection limits even further.
Paying for smaller claims yourself allows you to lower your homeowners insurance premiums by choosing a higher deductible. ERIE offers a choice of deductibles, including:
Discounts & Credits
- Multi-policy â€“ By insuring your auto and home with ERIE, you will receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
- New home â€“ Receive a discount if you live in a new home.
- Premises alarm â€“ This discount is applied to your premium is you have smoke detectors installed in your home.
- Sprinkler system credit â€“ If you install and maintain a sprinkler system, you will receive a credit on your homeowners premium.
ERIE offers a variety of optional coverage’s to meet your individual needs and these can be added to your homeowners policy by endorsement for a minimal additional premium:
- Expanded endorsement â€“Â You can increase the special amounts listed under the personal property coverage section of your policy.Â
- Enhancement endorsementÂ â€“ This endorsement increases the special amounts to even higher limits and includes these additional benefits:
- Payment for direct loss caused by water or sewage that backs up through sewers or drains.
- Payment up to an additional 10 percent of the amount on dwelling coverage for loss to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns on the residence premises.
- Waiver of deductible shown on the policy declaration page for any loss from covered peril exceeding $50,000.
- Earthquake coverage
- Nurse’s professional liability
- Personal computer coverage
- Replacement cost on personal propertyÂ